News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

Juniors reflect on their year and share their summer plans

This year is coming to an end for the juniors as they now are approaching senior year. The junior class experienced many memorable activities this school year along with facing difficult classes which they ultimately thrived in. Now they face the summer before senior year. I asked juniors to share about their year and what their plans are for this summer. 

Juniors Cecilla Cohen, Olivia Balarezo, Jake Keller, and Ethan O’connor all share their opinions on this year. 

Both Olivia Balarezo and Jake Keller agree that the activities of Homecoming were their most memorable times this year.

Junior Olivia Balarezo

“My favorite thing this year was being able to participate in the powder puff game during Homecoming Week,” shared Balarezo. “I had so much fun with my grade and we really were able to bond as a team.” 

“My favorite experience this year was Homecoming Week because we had a lot of cool events that we did throughout the week,” Keller said. 

Both juniors Ceillia Cohen and Ethan O’Connor experienced new challenges this year as this was their first year in the IB program at Palmer Trinity School. 

Junior Cecilia Cohen

“My favorite part of the school year was learning about IB and getting to know the program better along with getting closer with my cohort,” Cohen said. Cecilia’s favorite class in IB this past year was her English HL class with Ms. Truby while Ethan’s favorite class was his business management class with Ms. Cartaya.  

Olivia Balarezo shared that her favorite class this year was her European history honors class with Mr. Godley. “I enjoyed the content, the rigor, and my teacher,” she said. Olivia was able to achieve the Medallion award for the class this year. 

Jake Keller shared that his favorite class was AP psychology. “I made a good relationship with the teacher and enjoyed the class greatly,” Keller said. 

Junior Jake Keller

As this summer is extremely important for high school juniors, many are preparing for college and for senior year. Keller shared, “My plans for this summer are to get ready to apply to college in the fall.” For Cohen, an IB student, her summer plans consist of focusing on completing her IB work. “My plan for this summer is to write my IA for all my classes and also for IB. I have to work on my extended essay, but besides all that school work, I am also going to be working and hopefully going on some trips.” 

Other juniors are attending conferences like student Ethan O’Connor. “My plans for this summer are to go to California for a conference at The University of Berkeley and I am also going to be playing basketball with the Varsity team at Palmer Trinity,” O’Connor shared. 

Junior Ethan O’Connor

Other students are volunteering or working all to prepare for applying to colleges in the fall. “My plans for this summer is to get a job and have that working experience. Also, I will be working at a summer camp called Shake-A-Leg which is for children with disabilities,”  shared Balarezo. 

Many juniors are nervous along with being excited for what’s to come with this summer and the following year.