News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

Palmer Trinity Arts Competition: Celebrating Creative Excellence

In the fast moving pace of day to day academia, during the peak of college admissions decisions, and the approach of the end of the school year, many students across Palmer Trinity campus find themselves deep diving into different art forms to express themselves outside of their textbooks. The Perch hosted an exciting arts competition in collaboration with Falcon Student Media, offering a platform for students to showcase their artistic talents. This competition welcomed submissions in various categories, including drawing, painting, mixed media, 3D art, photography, music performance, and dance performance, encouraging creativity and artistic expression among the student body.

The response was overwhelming, with students enthusiastically participating and presenting a diverse array of artworks and performances. The event highlighted the incredible talent within our school community and provided an opportunity for students to shine in front of their peers and faculty. As we celebrate the winners of this competition, let’s take a moment to appreciate the dedication and passion that went into each submission. Here are the standout entries that captivated the judges and earned top honors in their respective categories.

Among the numerous submissions that captivated our judges in this year’s Palmer Trinity Arts Competition, one painting stood out for its exceptional creativity, technique, and emotional depth. The winner of the drawing/sketch category is none other than Hailey Alexe, whose piece, titled “Deception,” mesmerized everyone with its vibrant colors, intricate details, and compelling narrative. Alexe’s work not only showcases remarkable artistic skill but also reflects a profound personal vision, making it a truly deserving winner in this highly competitive category. With the purpose of demonstrating the concept of ‘Red Flags,’ Alexe dives into “how men can promise commitment under the guise of marriage or promise rings, but never actually stick to their promises.” As depicted within her drawing, a wedding ring dangles in front of her own face by his hand, meant to represent empty promises that dangle in front of her like a carrot on a stick but are not close enough for commitment. Inspired by the greater investigation efforts of her AP 2D Art theme, she looks to demonstrate the greater struggle women face when in relationships or general experiences with boys and men.

Another standout among submissions was Kayliah Limsang’s painting. This artwork stood out for its masterful use of color and innovative composition and achieves her purpose of displaying different cultures. Limsang’s painting is a vibrant display of colorful rolling hills that seamlessly weaves together elements of Peruvian culture with a particular focus on the nation’s love for llamas. These majestic creatures, central to Peruvian culture, serve as a symbolic bridge connecting viewers to the rich traditions and histories of the Andean region.

In an interview, Limsang explained the deeper significance behind her work. “This piece is part of my ongoing dedication to exploring animal significance and culture,” she shared. “I wanted to highlight the alpaca’s role in Peruvian society, not just as an animal, but as a cultural icon.” Her dedication to this theme is evident in the meticulous attention to detail and the thoughtful integration of cultural motifs throughout the painting.

Another standout winner of the arts competition is Ayo Williams, whose stunning photograph of a bird in nature captivated judges and audience members alike. His piece, a masterful capture of a bird in mid-rest sitting on the ledge of a roof, exemplifies his exceptional skills in composition, timing, and attention to detail. Williams’ photograph stands out for its vivid clarity and the way it encapsulates a fleeting moment of natural beauty. The bird is framed perfectly, showcasing not only its grace but also its own serenity and inner peace. The use of natural light enhances the colors and textures, bringing the scene to life and drawing the viewer into the tranquility of nature. This photo demonstrates Williams’ strong skills in several key areas: his ability to anticipate and capture the precise moment, his keen eye for composition, and his adept handling of lighting and exposure.

Beyond this award-winning photograph, Ayo Williams is a young talent with a promising future in photography. He is passionate about pursuing photography as a career and has already taken significant steps toward this goal. Through independent studies, Williams has honed his technical skills and developed a unique artistic vision. His dedication is further evident in his professional Instagram account, where he showcases his work, particularly focusing on student life and sports at Palmer Trinity School. This platform has allowed him to build a portfolio that not only highlights his talent but also connects with a broader audience. As Ayo Williams continues to refine his craft and share his vision, he stands as a testament to the power of creativity and the potential that lies in exploring one’s interests. His work in the arts competition is just the beginning of what promises to be a remarkable career in photography.

In a showcase of remarkable talent and heartfelt expression, Nathanial Bell delivered an unforgettable live performance of his original R&B piece, “Patience Is A Virtue,” at the Palmer Trinity School talent show. This performance stood out not only for Bell’s soulful voice and captivating stage presence but also for the profound message woven into his lyrics. “Patience Is A Virtue” delves into themes of resilience and perseverance, encouraging listeners to embrace patience through life’s trials and tribulations. Bell’s lyrics convey a journey of personal growth and the understanding that waiting and enduring challenges often lead to greater rewards. The song’s powerful message resonates with many, reminding them that patience is an essential quality in navigating the ups and downs of life.

Reflecting on the broader impact of his performance, Nathanial Bell’s success is a testament to the supportive and nurturing environment provided by the Palmer Trinity School arts program. This program plays a crucial role in uplifting young artists, offering them the resources and opportunities to hone their talents and share their work with a wider audience. “The PTS arts program really helped me get my music out to more people so the recognition can be higher,” Bell shared. “They have already given me the experience that I needed, and I feel like I can accomplish big things with a program like this.”

Bell’s journey into music was inspired by a combination of faith and family support. “God inspired me and just had a sign to do it,” he said, reflecting on his decision to pursue music after his initial live performance at the talent show. Additionally, his brother and sister have been significant sources of encouragement, motivating him to write and share his music. Bell’s aspiration is to create songs that people can “vibe and enjoy,” spreading positivity through his art.

The arts program at Palmer Trinity School is instrumental in nurturing young artists like Nathanial Bell, providing them with the platform and support needed to thrive. Through events like , the program not only highlights individual talents but also fosters a vibrant community where creativity is celebrated and encouraged. Bell’s story is a shining example of how such programs can inspire and elevate students, helping them to realize their full potential and share their gifts with the world.

The arts program at Palmer Trinity School is instrumental in fostering young talents, offering resources and opportunities to thrive. Through events like this competition, the program not only highlights individual talents but also builds a vibrant community where creativity is celebrated and encouraged. These stories exemplify how such programs can inspire and elevate students, helping them to realize their full potential and share their gifts with the world.