News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

Homecoming Week features new activities

RAIDER RIVALS: During the Homecoming football game on friday at 4:00 pm in HOCO week, the Falcons are playing against their opponent Guillver. The traditional homecoming football game is celebrated every year at PTS and students come dressed in blue and gold to show their school spirit. “I think my favorite part of the event was the fan support having all those people cheering us on made the energy so much better and more fun.” Ayo Williams said.

Homecoming last week featured new activities including chant and banner competitions and an updated Falcons Got Talent event.

SGA president Sarah Bayas said she and Student Activities Director Alexandra Cartaya came up with the ideas.

“We wanted to be more inclusive to everyone,” Bayas said. “For example, letting everyone be involved [in Falcons Got Talent] and included in the chant competition.”

Also for the first time, students had scheduled time in the school calendar to prepare for Homecoming activities.

“We also added ‘HoCo Prep’ days on the Fun Fridays leading up to HOCO so that each class could prepare and practice their dance battle,” Cartaya said. “Homecoming and school spirit are what make Palmer Trinity more than just school. Activities like this encourage students to support each other and create bonds that make PTS a family.” Cartaya said.

Homecoming week is a highly anticipated week for highschoolers and a lot of thought goes into planning fun events and activities like these.

“Whether it’s from dressing up, watching/participating in the events, going to the football game, or attending the dance, the memories that you make with your friends during homecoming week and feeling the high energy throughout the whole school is what makes Homecoming week so special,” senior SGA president Jordyn Levy said.

Levy said that SGA members have collaborated on planning homecoming activities from the summer months to the week leading up to it.

“Now that homecoming is over, all I can think about is how much fun I had,” Levy said. “ I loved dressing up, participating in the events, and seeing my grade come together with lots of spirit. The banners and chants were very cute additions to the week so I hope that they keep them for next year. At the end of the dance battle we got to hold up our banners representing the grade, and during the boys’ volleyball game we used our chants to keep spirits high and our boys motivated, ultimately leading us to the big win at the end of the week.”