News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

News from Falcon Student Media

The Perch

Falcon Football prepares for Battle of the Oar

The varsity football team has been preparing for countless hours over the past days for one of their most anticipated games of the season: Tomorrow’s Battle of the Oar is one of the most talked about games every season due to the tense rivalry between Palmer Trinity and Ransom Everglades. This year, the game is away at Ransom.

Even though every year there’s excitement, this year feels as if this game will be one of the best to watch with both teams at a 3-0 record. Many Falcon players this year have mentioned that the team has meshed all together quite well which has them feeling quite comfortable going into the Battle of the Oar.

“We are preparing the same way we prepare for every single game. It doesn’t matter if it’s the oar at the end of the day, it’s just a game we need to win,” said sophomore Guilherme Ferreira, a defensive end. “To be honest … Ransom is in our way, and we need to beat them to reach our end goal which is the playoffs. Not only me, but the whole team feels the same way.”

Practicing every day after school is a routine for the players since it allows them to be able to keep learning on what they need to improve. Also, analyzing film during practice helps the players ensure that the plays they could run during the game go smoothly.

“I have been watching films on Ransom and mentally preparing myself for the game,” said senior Stone Stroud, a wide receiver and strong safety “My feelings going into this year’s game is to win and bring the Oar home.”

The last time the Falcons beat the Ransom Raiders in the Battle of the Oar was in 2018. Last year, the Raiders beat the Falcons 21-16 in home territory.

“…We’re a much better team than we were last year,” Ferreira said. “Also, the seniors want it so bad that it makes us fight for it even more.”